Saturday, July 2, 2011

Grilled Chicken Salad and Basil Lemonade

Ahh...Saturday. The start of a very nice 3 day July 4th weekend.
I have absolutely nothing planned today and that was apparent when 2 o'clock rolled around and I realized I was hungry.

I meandered over to the fridge and stood in front of it with the door wide open, looking at all the leftover bits and pieces of veggies and ingredients from the past week.

"I want something light, like a salad... but I want some protein...and definitely want to use up this homemade pasta we made last night...hmmm. What to make?"

What came out of my fridge and onto my plate was an arugula salad with thinly sliced red onion, yellow bell pepper, tomato, crimini mushrooms, cucumbers with a smoked paprika english pea and grilled chicken. I made a quick oregano and lemon vinaigrette to drizzle over the salad.
On the side I made fresh pasta with sun-dried tomato, basil, and parmesan cheese.

Last but not least I made a basil lemonade from the garden, twas divine.

Now I think it's time for a nap :)
Hope you are all doing something like that today.







-K