Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Snack Time

So this posting is a little late but oh well, I wanted to share with you another Snack Time.

I wanted to make something different for the boys and thought I might class it up by making something nice. Naturally I think bacon...boys like bacon. Fact ;)
Then I remembered something Austin and I ate at Café Sevilla in Downtown San Diego when we lived there. A cute Spanish Tapas restaurant with Flamenco dancers during dinner and salsa dancing and reggaeton in the basement after 8pm. We ate there a few times and I fell in love with their Bacon Wrapped Dates stuffed with blue cheese cooked in apple cider vinegar. And that's exactly what I made them :)

I know they kinda look like cockroaches wrapped in bacon but hey, they tasted great. I really need to get a better camera...


And you can't make the Bacon wrapped Dates without having Sangria~ So I made a simple sangria with cut-up apples, oranges, and lemons with a few bottles of Pinot Noir. I put out some wine glasses and we had a nice ol' time taking a little break and playing some fooseball.


A successful snack time once again :)
Till next time!

-K