Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Another Monday Veggie Dinner

This week I was lucky enough to get my hands on some zucchini flowers at the farmers market and I couldn't wait to cook with them. I had just had Eveleigh's version of stuffed squash blossoms loved it. I'm not really sure what they put in them but it was light and delicious.

So as an appetizer for dinner I made Fried Ricotta and basil stuffed blossoms sprinkled with some sea salt. It was good. We brought some over to the neighbors who agreed that they were pretty darn good :)




I think the best part about the blossoms were the base of the flower that had both the delicate texture of the blossom but the base of a zucchini.

For our main course I made Black eye pea wraps with a homemade Arból chili sour cream. Ingredients for this wrap were:

-black eye peas
-red onion
-tomato
-zucchini
-arugula
-garlic
-arbol chili
-sour cream
-asiago cheese
-whole wheat tortilla with flaxseed


Austin actually liked it! I win :)
Probably not something I would make again, but I'll probably make something similar to it next time. Maybe substitute black beans for black eyed peas, add some sautéed veggies... oooo...possibly eggplant? I could see this going a whole other direction with curry powder...
Till next time!

-K