Thursday, June 30, 2011

Savory French Toast

I found that Austin left a whole french baguette in the fridge unwrapped overnight and now it is stale. Sad state for the french bread that had so much potential to be lunch for tomorrow.

I figured I could make croutons or bread crumbs out of it like I usually do, but instead I decided to bring the bread back from the dead :)

I made a milk and egg batter with cheese, green onions, and salt and pepper. I poured it over the sliced bread and let it sit again in the fridge overnight.
I brought it to work with me this morning and popped it in the oven for 1 hour. Just in time for all the artists to arrive to work. The bread fluffed up like little pillows and browned nicely on top. What would've made this dish better would have been pancetta or ham to complete the savory breakfast :)




-K