Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Seared Halibut with Sauteed Greenbeans and Roasted Cherry Tomato Vierge

Hi guys...
Sorry about not posting for a while. Not having a decent camera is killing me!
And also, a lot of the stuff that I've been cooking are with leftovers in my fridge, and aren't exactly post worthy.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to add a recipe to each post or if I should just talk about and describe what they are. Let me know what you think. I could do either.

This is dish I made a while back...probably in August. The picture has been sitting in my phone and I knew I wanted to post it some day.

Kwesi came over to hang with Austi and I fixed a quick lunch for us. Healthy and light to keep us moving the rest of the day.
I sprinkled the halibut with salt and pepper before I seared them on high heat for a few minutes. In a smaller frypan I sauteed the green beans in a little bit of olive oil and soy sauce. And in a bowl I tossed the cherry tomatoes with onions, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic. Threw them under the broiler for a few minutes and by the time the tomatoes were nice and roasted, everything else was done :)

I'm telling you, I'm a really lazy cook. If it's quick and it tastes good, I love it.



Things I would do differently next time for this dish?
I would have gotten halibut with the skin on one side and salt the shit out of it and make it nice and crispy :) I also would've added some fresh rosemary or some sort of herb to the roasted tomato vierge.

Till next time~