Monday, August 15, 2011

Heirloom Tomato with Basil and Feta

Hi guys~
Sorry, it's been a while since I've posted. I've been super busy with work and just haven't made anything noteworthy.
I'm still in the process of getting a camera and hope that I can afford a good one soon :)
This was an appetizer I made a few weeks ago after finding some really great heirloom tomatoes at the farmers market. I just can't imagine cooking an heirloom tomato, it's got so much flavor when it's untouched by heat.
I sliced a large heirloom tomato and dusted it with feta cheese, salt, pepper and julienned fresh basil from the garden.

Simply sublime ~~~


Enjoy the tomatoes while they are in season, my cherry tomatoes just came in and they are delicious right off the vine. They taste nothing like store bought ones.

Till next time.

xo
K