Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Roasted Chickpeas

OKAY.OKAY...So it's been almost a year since I've posted, and I got a camera which I was excited to use so I can quickly post pictures of food that I've made. BUT, of course it's never that easy. Turns out I lost the piece that goes to the camera so you can plug it directly into the computer, so now I have to have a card reader and blah blah blah...

So yea, I'm back now with a vengeance! I'll be posting some of the stuff I've done recently.

I've missed you.

-K
**************************
I had two cans of garbanzo beans in my cabinet just in case I wanted to make hummus...which I never did, so I decided to roast them instead. They were super easy to make and tasted delicious!
Would I make them all the time? No :)

These little roasted beans are great with beer on a hot summer's day, or to accompany a meat and cheese board.

You really can use any spices you like, even make them a sweet snack if you like.
Or you can do what I did and just threw the whole spice cabinet on it. Not literally, but pretty close to that.

Roasted Chickpeas with the spice cabinet:

2 cans of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
Olive oil
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Smoked Paprika
Ginger
Cumin
Cayenne
Cinnamon
Probably even Herb de Provence

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Throw the rinsed chickpeas on a papertowel and pat dry. Then lay them out on a baking sheet and drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil. Roll them around so that they are well coated then add the spices and roll them around again.




Bake for 40 min. or until they are crispy. Let cool and enjoy!